Technician - Preventative Maintenance Field - #19528265
Technician performs scheduled preventative maintenance services on new and used heavy equipment in the field. Additional responsibilities include; ordering needed parts, writing service reports, return of parts, assigning time to jobs and adhering to all safety regulations.
- Performs routine scheduled services for MacAllister customers in the field.
- Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficiently; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
- Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Adheres to all safety rules and maintains good housekeeping (5S) in shop area.
- Keeps customers updated on work and provides a copy of the service report upon completion of job. Also advises customers of any issues detailed in the service report whenever possible as well as notifying Service Writer as well.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- 3-5 years of mechanical experience with heavy equipment, preferably with Caterpillar. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
- Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Applies initiative, demonstrating a "self starting" ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills; is ably to identify problems, solicit other's opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates a basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
- Class B CDL with air brake endorsement
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- A strong knowledge of the product and a good knowledge of the product market with a strong respect for the Caterpillar influence.
- Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and data base systems.
- The ability to work over time and weekends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)