Commodity Manager - #19528267
Elbit Systems of America
At KMC Systems, an Elbit Systems of America Company (ESA), we spend our days working on exciting and meaningful innovative solutions that protect and save lives. From providing solutions for our warfighters and commercial pilots, to providing lifesaving medical instrumentation and homeland security technologies, the employees of Elbit Systems of America understand the value of their work and why we do what we do each and every day. We are looking for extraordinary people to join us in making a difference in the lives of others.
We are currently recruiting for a highly talented Commodity Manager -- but we are looking for more than an impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we're pretty confident you'll love it here
The Commodity Manager maintains and utilizes commodity knowledge & market conditions to reduce component pricing while establishing a preferred supplier base to support demand. Establishes preferred supply agreements setting expectations and activities to enable the highest quality level, on time delivery and cost reduction from those suppliers, thereby providing "best overall value". Works with respective material buyers and planners to identify cost reduction opportunities from the future planned order release. Works with technical personnel on specifications and possible alternatives; determines the best sources of supply.
- Strong ability to lead commodity component purchasing teams to achieve scheduled results and commit to contract delivery dates.
- Requires technical knowledge of medical products for commodities such as cables, electronics, machined components, metal fabrication, motors, extrusion, castings, etc.
- Determines and develops best sources of supply from knowledge of supply base, product performance, supplier performance and capabilities.
- Obtains quotes from suppliers negotiating for optimum pricing, quality, delivery schedule and terms & conditions.
- Negotiates and drafts fixed pricing agreements with selected suppliers.
- Capable to develop, set up and manage a Vendor Managed Inventory Program (VMI) and control the demand signals from ERP via electronic file distribution.
- Facilitates commodity purchase order placement in a timely manner to support the Program schedule needs as well as Company metrics and goals for inventory turns.
- Assures all specifications and regulations are provided in the purchasing agreements.
- Provides recommendations for orders over dollar threshold and after receiving approval negotiate and award these orders.
- Serves as liaison between company and supplier regarding all changes in or problems with material deliveries to meet production schedules.
- Actively seek assistance of other departments to insure fulfillment of the purchase order.
- Interfaces with Program Management and/or production/material planning personnel to coordinate efforts to obtain material deliveries no earlier or later than required for production.
- Performs in-depth price analysis utilizing commodity knowledge and market conditions to reduce component pricing.
- Establishes preferred suppliers and initiate expectations and activities to enable cost reduction from the suppliers.
- Works with respective team members to identify cost reduction opportunities from the future planned order release.
- Request assistance from interfacing departments such as Finance or Legal as required, negotiating the purchase in accordance with company and government regulations.
- Coordinate the resolution to supplier problems with interfacing departments.
- Interview supplier representatives and keep abreast of product technology/life cycles and supplier status.
- Provide leadership and training for Commodity, Specification and Transformation Buyers.
- Participate on and lead continuous improvement activities.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Negotiate and award purchase orders committing company funds in support of Program Schedule and budgetary requirements.
- Identify and establish new sources of supply.
- Establish long term agreements with suppliers.
- Other delegated duties as assigned by manager.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and 8 or more years of directly applicable experience
- Commodity Management Experience
- Electromechanical or Electronic component and/or assembly experience
- Medical Device, Aerospace, Military or similar industry experience.
- Demonstrate electronic/mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of fixed pricing agreements and vendor managed inventory.
- ISM or APICS certification
- Oracle ERP experience