ICU RN-Charge, PT - #19528274
NNRH is looking for a part time ICU Charge - Registered Nurse to work in our 7-bed ICU department. Patients range from geriatric to neonatal. Predominately 12-hours shifts, two shifts per week. Patient ratio is typically 1:3.
Primary responsibilities include providing direct and individualized nursing care to patients. This position maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and their families. Consistently monitors and records on patient records to ensure accurate, complete and timely documentation. Involves family and/or significant other in plan of care. Provides professional nursing care according to established policies and procedures.
In addition to departmental essential job functions, the Charge RN is also responsible to:
- Supervises and mentor nursing and support staff during assigned shift.
- Determine staffing level and assignments based on staff availability, staff abilities, census, patient acuity and work/patient flow.
- Provides direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with staff to assist with identifying problems which are solution-oriented.
- May be required to take patient assignments to meet staffing needs.
- Facilitates a positive patient experience.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes. Responds to complaints about patient care and related services, and manages through established channels.
- Ensures staff has necessary equipment and supplies to provide safe, quality patient care. Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Create and foster an environment that encourages professional growth by providing real time, appropriate feedback. Identifies escalation to director or designee if unable to resolve timely or trending patterns noted.
- Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation using briefs, de-briefs, huddles, and rounding as the main source.
- Contributes to fullest potential of achieve house wide goals and models those behaviors and supports team efforts 100%.
- Facilitate and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and quality standards through engagement and support of PI and other initiatives.
ABOUT US: At Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital's 75-bed facility, you're more than just an employee; you're part of our family. Community population approximately 35,000. We are located at the base of the beautiful Ruby Mountains, elevation level 5,000. www.nnrhospital.com
BENEFITS OVERVIEW: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid basic life and AD&D insurance, Supplemental and Voluntary insurance options, 401K with employer
Education: Graduate of a nursing program.
Experience: 1-3 years of progressive nursing experience in an acute hospital preferred.
Other Requirements: Must have current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS upon hire & PALS within 90 days of hire.