Lead Housekeeper Full Time-101060 - #19528279
Extended Stay America
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and staff and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to oversee daily activities of 3 to 7 housekeeping associates on staff
- Skills to coach and train new and existing housekeeping associates on company standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and duties to ensure that daily housekeeping operations are performed at peak efficiency.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to remain stationary, be mobile, navigate the hotel, handle, reach, and detect objects, tools, or controls, and detect scent and detect sounds.
- The associate must be able to position self to access low areas, traverse heights and remain stable while doing so, balance, and the ability to bend, kneel, or crouch.
- The associate must be able to occasionally push/pull objects (carts/cleaning equipment) weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The associate must have the ability to discern or detect items in guest rooms to ensure safe performance of work.
- The associate may frequently work in outside weather conditions (depending on hotel).
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions (non weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electical shock.
- The work environment typically will be at moderate to loud noise levels.
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations within a reasonable geography.
- Previous hotel experience required
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The full time Kai Housekeeper position is responsible for assisting the management team in overseeing the tasks, training and standards of the Housekeeping department when needed. The position is expected to work independently with limited supervision from management. This position will assist to optimize performance through continous improvement, and the execution of all standards set within the Kai ESA initiative. The position is responsible for working directly with the Maintenance Engineer on the preventative maintenance/deep cleaning program, assisting management with guest room inspections and any additional duties assigned by the management team.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- Job functions to include training of new and existing Housekeepers, guest room inspections, and adherence to company standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensures housekeeping carts, cart rooms and laundry areas are maintained to company standard.
- Works directly with the Maintenance Engineer to perform the guest room preventative maintenance/deep cleaning.
- Performs daily housekeeping tasks in guest rooms.
- Responsible for overall hotel cleanliness.
- Motivates and drives company initiatives within the Housekeeping department.
- Schedules daily housekeeping assignment boards when needed
- Performs duties in housekeeping and laundry departments as needed.
- Other duties as requested by the management team.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Paid - Voluntary Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For Colorado Applicants Only: To view pay range information for the position; please click on the following link: https://recruiting.adp.com/src/ColoradoEqualPayforEqualWorkAct.dbprop?x=y&oemID=RTI_1218301&siteLive=false&_ext=pdfxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst