Lead R&D Engineer/Scientist - #19528294
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Design and develop innovative and cutting-edge solutions to support end users in a wide variety of high-workload, safety-critical aerospace systems. You will use your multidisciplinary skills to support the design of autonomous systems and user interfaces based on human-centered design and knowledge of cognition and decision-making. You will design/conduct human factors studies from focus groups to controlled experiments and flight tests, perform statistical analysis, and write technical reports. You will support the development of human factors requirements, and prototypes at various levels of fidelity including functional flight decks.
- Perform Human Factors research into cutting edge aerospace and flight deck systems with an emphasis on increasing autonomy
- Translate insights from voice of the customer and other activities designed to reveal customer needs into innovative concepts and prototype designs that can be tested with users
- Design and perform human factors studies and develop prototypes to transition technology into the next generation of breakthrough Honeywell Aerospace products
- HF research, innovation, technology maturation
- Proposing new ideas for research programs
- HF experiment design and execution
- HF requirements development and validation
- Human-Machine interface prototyping
YOU MUST HAVE
- Ph.D. in Human Factors, Computer Science or Engineering (Human-Computer Interaction emphasis), Psychology, Aviation Psychology or Industrial Engineering
- 6 years of experience in Human Factors research
- Significant experience in Human Factors research and development
- Significant experience in human performance assessment
- Significant experience in human-machine interface prototyping
- Significant experience in human factors requirements development and validation
- Significant experience in human factors experiment design.
- Some experience in an aerospace environment
- Ability to deliver on complex situations with minimal oversight
- Ability to convey information with clarity across diverse and global teams
- Ability to make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Licensed Pilot experience
- JOB ID: HRD111269
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 12001 State Highway 55,Plymouth,Minnesota,55441,United States
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.