Restaurant General Manager, Le Cavalier at the Green Room, HOTEL DU PONT, Wilmington, DE - #19528301
PM Hotel Group
Le Cavalier is a modern French brasserie located in the historic dining room at the HOTEL DU PONT formerly known as the Green Room. This newly renovated restaurant is seeking passionate, driven and talented individuals in Wilmington and beyond to join our team.
If you are a lead-by-example restaurant manager who knows how to train and mentor a top-notch team, has a passion for both classic and innovative food executed and served with care and consistency and someone who is capable of delivering a memorable experience to all of our guests - We want to talk to you!
- Executes, at the highest level, the Company's vision with regard to the Food + Drink Group mission and the restaurant concept book
- Promotes a workplace culture that fully reflects the company's values, engages staff, recognizes and rewards performance
- Leads by example, exhibiting the company values in all dealings
- Identifies and develops team members within the organization in conjunction
- Maintains a clean safe workplace environment in compliance with all municipal codes and industry standards
- With the Restaurant Executive Sous Chef hires, manages, trains and disciplines the team in a manner that conforms with all laws, regulations, company policies and procedures and industry best practices
- Executes policies and procedures laid out by PM Hotel Group, and the restaurant's business plan that maximize guest experience and enhance operational efficiency and profitability
- Ensure that PM Hotel Group's cash handling policies and procedures are followed by all FOH staff in cash handling positions. Abide by all PM Hotel Group accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance.
- Monitors and controls operational costs in a manner consistent with department's budgetary objectives
- Delivers operational performance standards for product and service and consistently re-evaluates for continued performance improvement
- Evaluates staff and team performance on a regular basis
- Supports day to day operations on a regular basis
- Prudently manages the department's resources within budgetary guidelines according to all applicable laws and regulations
- Takes full responsibility for the management of the department's profit and loss statement
- Provides prompt, consistent reports on performance to the Hotel General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage, and/ or Corporate F+D Support and Chef Partner
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Business development: Works with Restaurant Events Manager on Marketing plan to develop, implement, and monitor strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability (revenue and market perception driven) of the restaurant operations.
- Supports the Restaurant Events Manager on the content, production, and measurement of impact regarding all marketing and publicity materials with staff team to ensure that all work product is consistent with the department's and each individual concept's mission and values
- Supports the Restaurant Events Manager on the social media content and ensures content is provided in a timely manner
Qualified candidates will have:
- 3+ years of progressive management experience in high-volume, well rated, service-driven restaurants
- Excellent communication and critical thinking decision-making skills
- Experience hiring, training, and mentoring a diverse hourly FOH staff
- Ability to drive performance and success
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Strong working proficiency in Aloha or similar restaurant POS system, Open Table, and Microsoft Office software
- Experience managing a restaurant with a private dining room is a big plus
If you have interest in being a part of the top restaurant in Wilmington, please apply with your resume, a letter of introduction, and your availability for an interview!
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate must adhere to the hotel risk management policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, money handling, safe lifting of heavy objects, using chemicals or PPE, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns immediately to security. All PM Hotel Group members of management are responsible for ensuring safety is kept a top priority and operations are in compliance at all times.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate.