Operating Room Lead - OR Boardrunner - Cardiac OR - CTOR - #19528308
We Are Hiring
Title: Operating Room Lead - OR Boardrunner - Cardiac OR - CTOR
City/State: Nashville, TN
Facility: Saint Thomas West Cardiac OR
Department: Surgical Services - Cardiac OR
Additional Details: This position is for a full time OR Lead/Boardrunner - must have Cardiac OR experience. Working five eight hour shifts (varying hours) plus any applicable call.
What You Will Do
The Cardiac OR Boardrunner will lead daily operations of surgical suites in support of surgical procedures.
- Lead and coordinate shift operations including schedules and resources.
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Assist surgeons during surgery, providing required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon and assisting with hemostasis.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitor and track instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Perform staff orientation, training, and coaching. Provide input to staff performance evaluations.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified First Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
Why Join Our Team
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work