Anchor / Reporter - #19528311
At Local 5 we stand for truth. We are seeking a creative, engaging, and enterprising evening Anchor to join our news team. The successful candidate will be an excellent on-camera communicator with top-notch interviewing, live, and taped reporting skills. We are seeking candidates who will trailblaze the future of news, find and defend the truth, and tell the stories of our community. We want an innovative and courageous leader who is digitally savvy as well. The evening Anchor is a newsroom leader who will be one of the faces of the station in charge of developing contacts and relationships in the community enabling them to create and present unique, compelling, and innovative stories of interest.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Use editorial judgement to help determine content of the newscasts.
- Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts.
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- Minimum 3-5 years news anchor/reporting experience
- Journalist and/or Communication degree preferred
- Understand the tenets of professional Journalism
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Must be available and willing to work on weekdays, weekends and evenings
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.