Registered Pharmacy Technician - Fulfillment - #19528316
BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy
As one of the largest and most respected specialty pharmacies, BioPlus creates a meaningful difference to our patients, prescribers, payers, and pharmaceutical partners.
Our 2 - Hour Patient Acceptance Guarantee gives a quick response to prescribers and patients for critical, time - sensitive treatments. As we continue to grow, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us continue to be the innovative leader in our industry, this is your chance to join our team.
Responsible for the preparation and fulfillment of prescription orders, ancillary supplies, and related activities under the direction and supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Prepare pharmaceutical and chemotherapeutic agents under a pharmacist's supervision, demonstrating a commitment to quality, efficiency, and excellence.
- Initiate and complete delivery/shipment forms.
- Identify and manage orders needing additional attention and communicate timely and effectively to the appropriate team(s), ensuring follow up and resolution in order to maintain patient continuity of care at all times.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, patient care meetings, in-service education or on-going educational training with demonstration of competency specific to the pharmacy technician role.
- Assist in maintaining the pharmacy facility in adherence to Policy and Procedures for achievement of excellent audit results.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to Policy and Procedures governing pharmacy operations and pharmacy technician responsibilities.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to State Pharmacy regulations governing pharmacy technicians.
- Assist Pharmacist(s) in inventory procedures including record keeping and ordering.
- Log, shelve, and rotate incoming inventory and overstock.
- Proactively identify and communicate inventory stock concerns to designated company personnel and work collaboratively to problem solve delays and challenges that arise during the workday.
- Organize assigned workload to best facilitate its accomplishment.
- Involvement in Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
- Registered Pharmacy Technicians are not permitted to dispense, transfer prescriptions, accept telephone orders, or consult concerning contents, therapeutic values, and uses of any medicinal drug. Registered Pharmacy Technicians may not advise regarding interactions of patent or proprietary preparations, whether pursuant to prescriptions or in the absence and entirely independent of such prescriptions or orders. Registered Pharmacy Technicians may not make an alteration to a prescriber’s directions, the diagnosis or treatment of any disease, the initiation of any drug therapy, or any activity relating to the practice of medicine.
Cont. Essential Functions:
- Assist the pharmacist, when requested, in performing dispensing pharmacy duties and functions according to standard practices of the profession and in accordance with all state, federal, and other applicable laws.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the pharmacists on duty and supervisor(s).
- Must be able to demonstrate competency and technical ability in all work functions of the dispensing pharmacy.
- Must always maintain a positive attitude of teamwork and collaboration.
· Participate and perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology
- Meet any continuing education requirements of the company’s clinical program, as defined within the company’s policy and procedures
- Ability to stay abreast of developments in the field of specialty infusion, injectable, and oral therapies
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a professional and proficient manner utilizing available resources and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly, solve problems, and make decisions that promote a positive impact on patient care and internal pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of MS Office software, which includes Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate the BioPlus C.A.R.T. values;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of Florida or applicable state required.
- Minimum of one-year experience in retail pharmacy or specialty pharmacy.
- National Certification as a Pharmacy Technician highly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic pharmacy terminology, evaluation, and pharmaceutical law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have basic understanding of computer technology.
Responsibilities may include handling hazardous drugs and materials. Adverse health effects from hazardous drug exposure may include skin disorders, reproductive disorders and possibly cancer. Additional information is available at: www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/hazdrug.
BioPlus offers competitive compensation packages including health care, 401(k), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
BioPlus is an Equal Opportunity Employer