Mechanic 1 - #19528345
Darling Ingredients, Inc.
The Mechanic 1 is responsible for keeping all vehicles in the fleet roadworthy and ready for service when needed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Performs all preventive maintenance and repair work necessary on fleet trucks/ trailers/ forklifts and other company equipment.Responsible for general day-to-day operation of vehicle maintenance and repair of all company trucks/trailers/forklifts and other company equipment. Maintains clean environment.
- May be required to answer roadside calls for disabled vehicles.
- Interprets repair manuals and work orders as to properly repair the equipment.
- Responsible for being familiar with and observing all company safety rules and regulations; recognizes that safety is top company priority; attends regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Required to use all safety equipment as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational training OR one year of related work experience required.
- Ability to service and diagnose brakes.
- Ability to service and diagnose diesel trucks, (tractor/trailers) and power-train mechanics.
- Basic use of hand-tools required.
- Vocational training preferred.
- Detail oriented; highly organized.
- CDL preferred, not required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Frequently must push, pull, move or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors and high heat and cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf