Accountant - #19528347
US1142 Buckhead Meat of Dallas, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The position's purpose is to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the accounting department through financial reporting, reconciliations, and audits.
- Maintains fixed asset records in compliance with Sysco FAMM and applies for approval of new acquisitions.
- Prepares journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists with SOX testing.
- Assists with the development of the annual profit plan.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
3 years in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; strong understanding of GAAP principles; strong 10-key and data entry skills; ability to compile balance sheets, comparative income statements, and cash flow statements
- Describe the most important decisions made by this position.
- Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Journal entry preparation/monthly account reconciliations
(Both of these require subsequent approval of the documents but the Accountant can prepare and process them independently)
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
Issuance of financial statements.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.