Lead Warranty Engineer - #19528352
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) or Business Management
- 4+ years of professional work experience with direct proven experience in the following areas:
- Build and maintain relationships with key leaders across the various functions (engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, marketing, finance, supply chain, quality, compliance) around the globe, in addition to building and maintaining relationships with key component and finish good suppliers.
- Organized and disciplined with logical approach to data management.
- Communicates effectively both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to self-motivate and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Experience with market research/insights, focus groups, conjoint analysis, etc a plus.
- Technical experience using engineering best practices in the design and manufacturing of consumer products, power tools experience is a plus.
- Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization.
- Ability to think creatively to develop ideas and break through barriers.
- Lead by influence without authority.
- Global experience and interest with willingness to travel & communicate both domestically and globally.
What You'll Do
As a Lead Warranty Engineer for the Global Tools & Storage (GTS) Business Planning organization, specifically supporting the Power Tools Group, you will be the Demand Manager will support the Warranty improvement initiatives within the Power Tools Group (PTG) at their Global Tools & Storage Headquarters (GTS) in Towson, MD. Since 1843, Stanley Black and Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries. Stanley Black & Decker is committed to creating value for both its customer's and investors. Through this role it is ensured that the products meet our customers' needs while reducing the cost's incurred through warranty thus generating the most value for all. Specifically, you'll:
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Sourcing, & Operations to identify opportunities and execute them in a timely manner.
- Be focused on delivering plans & enabling the execution of projects to reduce the cost from warranty thus increasing margins as a result of this focus.
- Support long term quality initiatives which support continued reduction in Warranty year over year.
- Leadership & planning of product reviews for warranty improvement; integration with the new product development teams to continuously improve our products.
- Work with the Commercial Teams on aligning Warranty Policies. A deep understanding of the different aspects of cost of these Policies will be needed.
- Measure & evaluate ROI on warranty savings together with consideration of the resources needed.
- Identify any roadblocks & eliminate these through working creatively within the team to provide solutions.
- Develop and present updates to senior management.
- Drive awareness & ownership of Warranty efforts throughout the global business.
- Continuous improvement – identify new ways to reduce the cost of warranty.
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.