Shipping Supervisor - #19528360
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Supervisor responsible for the shipping organization in Spirit Lake, IA and the worldwide distribution of finished goods. Supervisor will be responsible for establishing departmental policies and procedures, coordinating department activities and special projects and supervising staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Supervisor will also be responsible for departmental Safety, Quality, Productivity and LEAN goals and objectives as well as establishing and maintaining effective employee relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- • Manage department activities and special projects to ensure efficiency and quality while exceeding daily order response and program goals.
- Responsible for department to meet warehouse safety, quality and productivity goals. • Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Define and manage departmental budget in the areas of labor (hours and cost), packaging, maintenance and other associated costs.
- Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports (e.g. Weekly employee productivity, quality and safety performance reports, departmental processes, etc.).
- In partnership with Group Leads, responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Serve on committees and teams as department representative.
- Assists in the preparation for the departmental budget and operates within approved budgets. Assists in setting and attaining departmental goals.
- Maintains/improves finished goods inventory accuracy. Monitors and maintain inventory transfers to/from the Distribution Center. Monitors and maintain accuracy of Fleet and International units.
- Manages resources and equipment to meet monthly shipping goals. Improves processes within department and storage of units to gain efficiencies. Focuses on reduction in material handling damage to Finished Goods.
- Analyzes future shipping schedules and plans appropriate staff and equipment levels accordingly.
- Works closely with the Logistics group to ensure availability of product for shipment. Coordinates to ensure proper delivery of employee, engineering, international and marketing units.
- Works closely with the Logistics group to ensure availability of product for shipment and to provide freight cost reduction opportunities. Channels all carrier inquiries and requests for service to the Logistics department.
- Works closely with Assembly Supervisors and coordinates/oversees all aspects of Rework functions.
- Responsible for the coordination of all inbound and outbound finished goods units.
- Works across functional lines to research and understand operational impacts and solutions that benefit the company.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Provide discipline and corrective action as required.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and insure proper training and employee orientation is provided.
- Coach and provide career development advice to staff.
- Establish departmental and employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Temporary Agencies for appropriate staffing levels.
- Schedule and conduct staff meetings.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization on topics of daily goals, performance feedback, departmental, organization and company initiatives, etc.
- Complete human resources, payroll and other paper work as required in specific department
- Achieves continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change.
Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree with a preferred emphasis in management.
- 3-5+ years large scale automated, distribution/manufacturing operations experience, including budget/expense responsibility required.
- Strong problem solving skills, proven capabilities of root causing issues and driving sustained solutions supported by metrics.
- Talented communicator, capable of communicating complex messages to diverse groups with proven results
- Safety, experienced in OSHA standards and tracking, ability to lead the organization in analysis and changes to working practices and culture to exceed OSHA standards
- Skillful leader with proven ability to drive change and sustain results
- Driven for results with a relentless appetite to improve and exceed goals.
- Systems experience with AS400, RF/Bar-coding technology and sortation/material handling systems preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of distribution: logistics, fulfillment, operations, and facilities.
- Strong organizational management, passion for quality, and supervisory skills will be needed.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.