Production Manager I-PROMGI - #19528387
Ryt-way Industries Inc
Production Manager I
Responsible for all mixing, forming and packaging activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise a total of (20) twenty -- (130) one hundred thirty employees per shift. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees. Also, directly supervise non-supervisory (lead) employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable federal, state and local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Direct the conversion of raw materials to finished products (mixing, baking and packaging processes) with minimum waste and labor cost.
- Control raw material formula consistency.
- Monitor proper rotation of dough, meal and raw materials.
- Responsible for maintaining a 5S environment.
- Responsible for scheduling, maintaining and approving production employee's work hours on a daily basis. Work with employees to investigate any scheduling and/or payroll-related issues.
- Responsible for complying with customer service and Company standards.
- Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Resolves employee complaints or submits unsettled complaints to the Employee & Community Relations Manager for action. Handle all disciplinary actions and employee disputes.
- Train, develop and evaluate all employees to meet future needs.
- Attend meetings; make presentations, etc. as needed.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
- Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes
- Knowledge and experience with SAP
- Food experience a must.
- Well developed influence management skills
- Experienced in conflict resolution
- Prioritizes work based on short and long term objectives
- Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization
- Well developed project management skills
- Contract review and tracking of contract detail
- Effective presentation, writing, proposals, business plans, SOP's
- Leading development and implementation of strategic goals and budget/cost control
- Personnel and performance management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, employees and members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and public groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, SAP, Excel
- Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Receptive to new ideas, concepts and procedures.
- Receptive and responsive to constructive criticism.
- Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
- Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
- Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
- Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
- Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Push/pull items up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
- Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
- May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
- Stand eight hours per shift.
- Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions. Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
- Two-year college degree in business or related field required; four-year college degree preferred; or a combination of education and experience.
- (3) Three -- (5) Five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; Bakery experience a plus.
- Experience in a non-union manufacturing environment and union avoidance a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proficient in Kronos timekeeping system a plus.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills required.
- Basic mechanical skills required.