Associate Director - #19528411
Associate Director of Client Services and Operations - Vermont
Aon has seen significant growth in the Captive Insurance Market and is seeking an Associate Director to join the leadership team in our Burlington Office. The ideal candidate has a finance or accounting background, has experience training and developing teams, and is passionate about delivering best in class service and solutions to a portfolio of clients. This role is based in Burlington, Vermont but could be a remote role for the right candidate.
This role reports to the Director of Financial Services, but the candidate will be largely autonomous in managing his/her own portfolio of accounts.
This is a unique opportunity for a leader who is looking to balance managing client accounts and developing internal teams and processes.
In this role you will:
- Manage the relationships for a portfolio of captive insurance accounts by ensuring quality of service, providing strategic solutions, and demonstrating value;
- Develop the Burlington team by identifying opportunities for training;
- Establish local controls and procedures by leveraging best practices from the greater Aon;
- Analyse operational and financial data and findings into meaningful data or actionable items;
- Serve as the key relationships' manager for a portfolio of captive accounts;
- Forge strong relationships with Insurance regulators and captive organizations;
- Collaborate with other parts of Aon around client focused solutions; and
- BA/BS in Finance, Management or Accounting
- 10 years industry experience in Finance with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Strong financial and analytical acumen with client-facing business experience
- Excellent presentation, writing and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across a diverse audience
- Microsoft Office savvy with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Skills and Experience
- A self-starter who excels at developing and nurturing relationships
- Ability to manage multiple workflow streams and meet strict compliance deadlines
- Sound understanding of the insurance industry (preferably captive) is preferred but not a requirement
- Experience presenting to and working with C-level executives preferred
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave.
CEO Greg Chase listed as #1 ally on 2020 OUTstanding LGBT+ Ally Executive; he has been on the list of 50 CEOs for 6 years in a row.
Aon Captive & Insurance Management (ACIM) is an integral part of Aon Global Risk Consulting. Our 460 captive professionals manage over 1,000 captives across 39 domiciles, representing more than 15% of the global captive market. We are committed to outstanding customer service and innovation and have access to one of the largest global network of experts in the insurance and reinsurance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.