Supervisor - LNG Plant - #19528473
Manages, maintains, and operates the Company's LNG facility in a best cost, safe, and reliable manner whilemeeting all state and federal code and training requirements. Provides supervision to LNG Technicians who workin a 24/7/365 operation. Provides direction to on site contractors as appropriate.
- Supervises the maintenance of the Company's LNG facility in a best cost, safe and reliable manner while meeting all state and federal regulatory and training requirements.
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of LNG Plant equipment and assets.
- Directs daily assignments and scheduling of bargaining unit employees to maximize productivity and encourage teamwork.
- Ensures all training of Plant Personnel is completed to comply with all regulatory code requirements.
- Supports LNG Plant Capital Projects.
- Maintains a safe, secure working environment and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Works with computerized Work Management System, updating work orders and issuing corrective workorders for unscheduled work.
- Reviews and updates operations, maintenance, emergency and security procedures as required.
- Provides after hour support for LNG plant issues and emergencies coverage for LNG Trucking Emergency in CT.
- Conducts trainings for CT fire departments on LNG Product and emergency response (trucking and facilities).
- Each employee must accept responsibility for their own safety and health as well as the safety and health of their fellow employees.
Note: The above Key Responsibilities/Duties are not intended to be all inclusive. Employees in this position maybe required to perform other related aspects of the job not listed above or listed under Purpose/Major Objectivesas assigned by the supervisor
Skills and Requirements
Minimum qualifications for assignment to this job:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in engineer or other technical discipline and 2 years' experience, or; anAssociate's degree in the same and 4 years' experience, or; a high school diploma/GED/non-technical degree and 6 years' experience.
- Must have experience in the utility industry
- Must have strong communication, computer and management skills.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be fully knowledgeable in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of work order management systems, CFR 193, NFPA 59a preferred.
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org