Visual Designer - #19528522
Madison Square Garden, Inc.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
As part of MSG Sphere Studio's Experience and Design and Production team, Visual Designers collaborate to visually communicate concepts ranging in fidelity from sketches through detailed 2D/3D rendering and polished pitches & presentations. Under the direction of the Creative Director, they work with cross-functional teams to research, develop and express experiential concepts across a variety of platforms. We are looking for a wildly creative teammate who has an affinity for new technology, pop culture trends and constantly seeks opportunities to improve your visual design skills. You are emboldened by the challenge of being a part of the team developing a world's first medium & platform.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Develop visual communication designs, from concept sketching through multi-platform visual design strategies (systems approach to visual design).
- Provide visual design and creative experiential thinking across a variety of projects.
- Collaborate with project teams in research, ideation and development of original, scalable concepts and experiences for various media: projection mapping, interactive screens and installations, live show visuals, brand installations, motion graphics, user experiences.
- Research and prepare documents to communicate ideas to stakeholders, including design proposals and presentations.
- Source references and identify trends from the worlds of design, art, film and music.
- Ensure that all work meets a high level of creativity, innovation and brand association.
- 2+ years of experience working in a fast-paced professional creative production studio.
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storytelling, storyboards, mood boards, concept treatments, etc.)
- Demonstrated visual design software proficiency (Photoshop, InDesign, Keynote, etc.).
- Strong design background; understanding of typography, layout, form, color and spatialization; well versed in design process and production methods.
- A knack for capturing the spirit of a concept in presentation format.
- Able to work in varying degrees of fidelity, from sketching through production (speed vs quality).
- Able to communicate the thinking behind your process.
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of emerging creative technologies, best practices and experimental approaches in design, marketing and brand communications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.