Logistics Engineer - #19528586
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
The US Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) contract provides Production, Product Assurance, Engineering and Operations Services (PEO) for eight different programs for tracked and ground combat vehicles within the US Army's Ground Combat Systems (GCS), TACOM. For this contract, Jacobs provides support at nine different locations including at the TACOM headquarters in the Detroit Arsenal, MI. TACOM, a Major Subordinate Command of Army Materiel Command, manages the Army's ground equipment supply chain, which constitutes about 60 percent of the Army's total equipment. If a Soldier drives it, shoots it, wears it or eats it, TACOM sustains it.
Jacobs is seeking a Logistics Engineer to supprot the US Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) contract in Warren, MI.
- Provide Logistics Support for the US Army Self Propelled Howitzer Systems (SPHS), Extended Range Cannon (ERCA) Program with the Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) headquarters at Detroit Arsenal (DTA), Warren, MI.
- Provide trade-off studies, system engineering plans, effectiveness analyses, risk management, configuration management, interface management, data management, performance measurements, technical reviews, requirements analysis, engineering analysis of hardware/software configuration, size weight power and cooling (SWAP-C) analysis, and functional analysis. Services shall include transforming architecture (functional to physical), defining alternative system concepts, configuration items and system elements, selecting preferred product and process solutions, and defining/refining physical interfaces.
- Provide engineering analysis, design and testing documentation support in support of PM SPHS assigned weapon systems to include tear-down, installation, inspection, procurement of repair parts/kits, and recommended fixes. Engineering analysis shall include electrical and physical integration of subsystems and components, failure analysis, engineering design review for lifecycle cost reductions, and product change analysis of components and end items.
- Provide component and vehicle testing, design analysis, design layout and simulation, and delivery of recommended design changes to the Government, which encompasses the entire technical range as represented by the products managed by PM SPHS.
- Manage maintenance requirements for major items and weapon systems, to include logistics, support of demonstration activities with stakeholder/end users, technical manual verifications, configuration management, parts provisioning, and working supply chain management issues.
- Recommend policy changes to logistics support concepts.
- Evaluate the cause of maintenance problems for corrective action or preventative measures.
- Apply maintenance management concepts to program objectives.
- Provide direction to customers regarding maintenance or sustainment issues.
- Influence or persuade personnel with decision making authority.
- Tactfully present controversial information to stakeholders.
- Develop life cycle logistics plans for product support management.
- Implement or integrate sustainment strategies for life cycle support.
- Apply integrated product support elements to the life cycle management of systems.
- Provide direction for acquisition or life cycle logistics strategies in areas such as supply or maintenance.
- Conduct detailed analysis of supply functions for sustainment issues.
- Utilize logistics management concepts or supply management principles for high operational readiness rates.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational university.
- Minimum 9 years specialized experience in working with/on tracked or wheeled ground combat vehicles in military or civilian capacity, working directly with PM offices, and working onsite at military installations.
- Active / Valid DoD Secret at time of hire.
Work site is located in Warren, MI.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds
No unusual hazards nor unusual environmental conditions on job site
- Position is 100% telework currently and will be 100% office work at the Detroit Arsenal once it is safe to work in the office again as determined by the US Army TACOM commander.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen.
Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
- Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
- Shift work may be required on a rotational or permanent basis as determined by mission needs.
Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work assigned shift on either rotational and/or permanent basis.
Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
Strong organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple activities, and tasks simultaneously.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
Independent personal transportation to work site is required.
- Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.