Process Improvement Consultant - #19528592
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Process Improvement Consultant
Targeting Indianapolis, IN - may consider a remote arrangement
Responsible for generating process improvement ideas that bring about measurable improvement in quality and/or efficiency. Contributes to achieve the department's objectives by serving as the key contact for researching and implementing solutions and tools for new systems and other key operational improvements, provide guidance to leads, operations experts, associates, and/or managers on process improvement issues. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Represents the department on process improvement teams, special projects, and implementation of new technology.
- Train team on the standards of lean/six sigma principles, techniques, and methodologies
- Lead role in coordinating annual review/revision of procedures.
- Uses reports and production statistics to represent unit(s) in departmental process improvement and system changes and provides specialized input on reports to management.
- Responsible for generating reports relating to HRSolutions metrics, create and update dashboard
- Review /analyze monthly workload reports to ensure goals are on-target (timeliness, backlog) across all operational sites.
- Leads the training of associates when new processes or procedures are implemented.
- Communicates process information and facilitates workgroups to ensure accurate and consistent workload reporting.
- Identify areas of concern & implement corrective plans if necessary.
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, problem-solving, and project/decision facilitation skills required.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field, 5-8 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Demonstrate ability to analyze existing and potential workflows, processes, supporting systems, and procedures and identifying improvements required.
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
Strong analytical, organizational, planning, problem-solving, and project/decision facilitation skills required.
Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, MS-SQL, Excel, or MS Visio is preferred.
Ability to travel may be required.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.