Director, Business Analytics Job - #19528601
Dir, Business Analytics
Strategy & Integration
The Business Analytics Director is a newly created position within the AGCO Strategy and Transformation function. This leadership position is responsible for developing and leading the corporate strategy for data and analytics. This will include partnering with business stakeholders to define, prioritize analytics opportunities, leading a team to execute those opportunities and driving communication and adoption of the insights generated. This role will develop a strategic roadmap to achieve AGCO's vision of being preeminent in agriculture analytics through the development of analytics talent and teamwork, stewardship of enabling analytics tools and technologies and execution of high value analytics use cases within the hub & spoke organization structure. This role will work closely with analytics CoEs to support engagement and best practices, IT to ensure supporting data governance and business partners to generate real value from analytics insights.
- Perform current state assessment of analytics maturity for all areas of the business.
- Develop and build support for an AGCO business data and analytics strategy including a roadmap for growing analytics talent, data enablement, growing analytics tool use and analytics value delivery.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify and prioritize opportunities to drive revenue or reduce costs with implementation of analytics insights.
- Develop, scale and drive adoption of analytics POCs. Quantify the value/impact of these POCs.
- Develop, monitor, and report out KPIs to demonstrate value creation to customers, dealers, suppliers and AGCO and growth in analytics maturity. Communicate and share of success stories to drive engagement and support in leveraging analytics insights across the organization.
- Execute an ongoing talent strategy to attract, develop, and retain a high performing, diverse data, and analytics team.
- Lead AGCO's analytics hub and develop strong relationships with the analytics spokes in other areas of the business. Champion and support analytics CoEs including practitioners, analytics leadership team and data governance. Support and deploy best practices in analytics model management, defining and creating analytics POCs, scaling and deploying analytics insights and driving adoption of analytics insights, tools and technologies with business partners.
- Partner with IT to have the tools, technology, data and architecture in place to deliver transformational analytics, enabling AGCO to be a leader in ag technology.
- Stay abreast of emerging market trends and provide thought leadership in agriculture advanced analytics. Conduct external benchmarking.
- Engage with Senior Leaders and other stakeholders to continue to educate, increase awareness, and build support for world class data and analytics.
People Management (Total Span of Control)
Type of People Management
Number of Reports
Direct - Direct line of reports into this position
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience; Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a related field with hands-on experience in enterprise-level data & analytic program.
- Previous management experience with demonstrated ability to develop strategy and organizational capabilities required to establish a strong data and analytics discipline.
- Thorough understanding of current state and future trends in data analytics, data science and enabling technologies.
- An effective executive-level communicator able to bridge between business and technical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a compelling business case, garner business support, translate strategy into achievable action plans, and guide/report progress on multiple project priorities.
- Previous corporate or consulting experience in managing sophisticated analytical projects and problem solving in large cross-functional organizations.
- Demonstrated creative thinking that can practically apply 'the art of the possible' to drive tangible business value.
- Strong academic qualifications, including advanced understanding/coursework in Math, Statistics, Business, Finance, Technology, or related field.
- Outcome oriented: Balance creativity and innovation against practical / cost effective approaches.
- Knowledge and expertise working with relational databases and large datasets, along with the data governance and quality management processes need to improve quality of the analysis.
- Experience designing and building tools for non-technical users
- Able to navigate through ambiguity and thrives in innovating around new white spaces
% of Time
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Analytics, Data Analyst, Manager, Agricultural, Consulting, Management, Data, Agriculture, Technology