Hunting Department Lead - #19528606
Purpose of Position:
Assist Department Managers and Assistant Department Managers; usually in a specific area of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service using the 5 non-negotiable Friedman Sales Training steps.
- Merchandise the department by following corporate guidelines as well as using personal creative abilities to make attractive displays.
- Complete price changes on time.
- Ensure that the entire department is clean, faced and straight at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management, which may at times include training, assisting other departments, as well as potentially performing store opening and closing procedures as deemed necessary by location management.
- Ensure all firearms are received, transferred (sold), and disposed (logged-out) in compliance with state and federal laws, company procedures, and company guidelines.
- Prior to working with firearms, help ensure all Hunting Department staff have read and signed the Hunting Employee Manual, viewed the NSSF "Don't Lie" video, viewed the on-line ATF Form 4473 training module, and taken the associated quiz.
- Communicate with the Compliance Department for firearm and ammunition compliance related matters.
- Timely respond to ATF firearm trace requests.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Working Weekends are Mandatory.
Good verbal and written communication is required as well as the ability to work well with the customers and coworkers.
Education and Training:
A very strong knowledge of the area that is assigned as well as a good knowledge of Tomax.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting, standing for multiple hours, and repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for completing work on computer. Some heavy lifting may be required.
Sportsman's Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.