Technician - Heavy Equipment Field - #19528654
Position is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing equipment and performs mechanical services on new and used equipment in the field. Engages in face to face customer service interaction and is also responsible for housekeeping and properly maintaining company issued vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Follows strict safety protocols; using proper PPE as required.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs equipment in the field.
- Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficient manner; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
- Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Adheres to all safety rules and maintains good housekeeping (5S) in work area.
- Keeps customers updated on status of jobs and at the end of a repair. He/she would also advise customers of any issues or stopping points that may cause a delay.
- Must carry a company cell phone and be available 24/7.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- 3 to 5 years' mechanical experience with equipment, preferably with Caterpillar. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
- Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Understands the value of 6 Sigma in the workplace and contributes when asked. Applies initiative, demonstrating a "self starting" ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Exhibits good problem solving and troubleshooting skills; is ably to identify problems, solicit other's opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests. Has solid understanding of how his/her individual actions impacts company's bottom line.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- CDL required.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)