Sales Development Representative - Crop Marketing and Financial Services - #19528682
Farmers Business Network
Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
The Sales Development Representative position is a sales role directly responsible for facilitating Crop Marketing and Financial Services Sales to non-members and new members to FBN's network of farmers. This includes our crop marketing offerings (Market Advisory, Brokerage and Virtual Elevator), crop insurance, and finance. This position requires a self-starter who can independently prioritize a sales/execution process involving multiple business objectives and many products across several product lines. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be expected to:
- Place outbound calls to farmers to learn about their operations and identify ways that crop marketing services, financing and enhanced crop insurance could benefit their operation or create a positive ROI.
- Execute prospecting activities focused on qualifying farmers for a variety of FBN commercial products and follow through with the appropriate sales process.
- Independently prioritize your day-to-day execution of the sales of CMFS services
- Fluently understand and communicate information about finance, crop insurance, and crop marketing.
- Independently qualify leads for sales of multiple product lines, prioritize your sales pipeline, and conduct research on industry and regional market characteristics
- Develop your own sales playbook for overcoming objection in discussing marketing, finance, and insurance
- Demonstrating services via 1-on-1 screen share demos with farmers
- Use Salesforce and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Proactively provide and seek peer feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Demonstrate continued proficiency in communicating our diverse set of service offerings including an understanding of services related to the FBN Direct and F2F Genetics businesses
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Individuals will be hard-working, entrepreneurial, highly ethical and be comfortable with a high level of transparency and change. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years sales experience with a strong preference in an Ag sales role, with top tier results
- Progress towards Series 3/ 30 and crop insurance license is strongly encouraged
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed defined sales goals
- Demonstrated aptitude for excellence in competitive environments
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded