Senior Manager, Data Science - #19528687
Senior Manager, Data Science (Round Rock TX or Remote within the USA)
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What's more, we are in collaboration with top academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
As Senior Manager, Data Science, you will embody inspirational servant leadership, with the urgency to deliver high quality solutions in production as well as the creativity to craft machine learning solutions in multiple domains, at scale.
Part of the multi-billion dollar Services business, our team is responsible for designing, implementing and deploying game changing solutions that will power the next generation of service and support for Dell Technologies customers.
You will shepherd and inspire our high energy Data Science team of the best talent in the industry bringing the right skills and capabilities to power our digital transformation. As Senior Manager, Data Science, you will ensure our team is on the forefront of utilizing data, business insights, analytics, AI and machine learning models to drive significant improvement in the quality of the Customer service experience:
- Provide technical and thought leadership in creation of the vision, goals, and measurement of success for the Data Science team
- Responsible for the data science project roadmap and communication and alignment of strategy and roadmap to executive stakeholders;Serve as subject-matter analytics expert in presentations to customers and larger audiences
- Promote cross-functional collaboration, teamwork, and information sharing to ensure stable, scalable solutions and optimal customer satisfaction
- Coach and develop data scientists, including the application of advanced techniques and theories to deliver actionable business insights to prospects and customers based on large-scale data
- Responsible for design/testing of new analytical technologies, or the development of new algorithms/functions for application in model-development
- 12+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience), including 4+ years diversified Managerial planning, communication, organization, and People Inspiration and Motivation experience
- Current on emerging technologies in the Big Data, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning space and experience with enterprise grade AI/Machine learning solutions for large scale environments, and passion to stay on the forefront
- Experience applying the right ML model to solve business problems
- Software engineering experience particularly related to productionizing ML models, and scaling them
- Python, Scala, C, C++ , Azure, docker/kubernetes, airflow, JIRA, confluence, etc. experience
- Demonstrated experience managing teams to deliver Software or Analytics products to market
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: March 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R084250