Maintenance Mechanic Leader - #19528690
Department of Defense
You will serve as a MAINTENANCE MECHANIC LEADER in the FACILITIES MAINTENANCE PRODUCTION DIVISION of NAVAL FAC ENGINEERING CMD WASH located in Indian Head, MD.
Learn more about this agency
- You will plan and lay out work using blueprints, sketches, work orders, and other specifications pertaining to the job.
- You will assign work to employees to verify facilities maintenance and repair work is completed timely.
- You will complete carpentry repairs (e.g., windows, frames) on facilities.
- You will follow safety instructions (e.g., practices, procedures, rules, regulations) to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Job family (Series)
4749 Maintenance Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- You must be CPR certified.
- Subject to mandatory call to duty at any hour of the day or night to restore critical equipment to proper operating condition to perform work essential to the activity.
- Successful completion of Lock-out/Tag-out training is required.
- Periodic hearing and vision tests are required.
- Must be medically qualified to wear a respirator.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: I have the ability to perform common tasks under general supervision including: 1) Working from blueprints, sketches, and oral instructions given by the supervisor; 2) Operating power and hand tools and other woodworking equipment such as portable drills, clippers, joiners, shavers, tenoners, sanders, routers, combustion type saws, drill presses and table saws.; 3)Inspecting roof surfaces to determine if repairs or if re-roofing is required; and 4) Determining the kind and type of material and tools needed to complete the project and completes sketches or work orders without supervisory assistance.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.