Sr. Payroll Practitioner LTE - #19528716
Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
This is a limited term position anticipated to end August 30, 2021. The Senior Payroll Practitioner is responsible for providing timely and accurate processing of weekly, biweekly, and incentive payrolls, which includes processing, filing, and reporting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary objective is to process biweekly and weekly payrolls in a timely and accurate manner every payroll while providing excellent customer service to all levels of employees
- Support reporting, tax filing, and vendor requests pertaining to each payroll run
- Responsible for balancing and reviewing all taxes related to assigned payroll, including Federal, State, FICA, plus the balancing of W-2's
- Responsible for answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues in a timely manner
- Support year end payroll activities for US and Canada
- To a limited extent, support payroll outsourcing transition activities such as requirements gathering and testing
Education and Experience Profile
- A four-year degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field, or at least 2-4 years of experience processing payroll for salaried and hourly employees
- Prior payroll processing experience with Ceridian Dayforce
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) designation desired
- Requires knowledge of standard payroll concepts, practices, and procedures
- Familiarity with State and Federal pay and taxation regulations
- Experience with maintaining timekeeping systems
- Proficiency with Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, confidential environment
- Works well independently, yet is cooperative in working with team members
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Exceptional attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and providing a high-level of customer service
This is a remote position. Incumbent will be expected to establish a suitable working environment that allows productive and distraction-free work to be performed at your residence [or a non-public location] using secure, Spectrum Brands owned or approved equipment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.