Event Security - #19528740
Event Security will work in a variety of locations in the Vivint Smart Home Arena based on the security and safety needs of specific games and events. In this capacity, the individual will interact with guests in screening security locations, access control, crowd control, risk management, and court/stage security.
At the Vivint Smart Home Arena, we strive to enrich the lives of our guests and employees by creating winning experiences and timeless memories. Along with an inclusive, fun and friendly culture, working at the Vivint Smart Home Arena comes with great rewards and employee discounts. Keep reading for details.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the public safety team to provide a safe and secure environment for all guests
- Assist guests with mobile ticketing to ensure seamless entry into the arena
- Direct guests to correct seats based on ticketed seating
- Assist guests with the Utah Jazz App, directing them to other services in/around Vivint Smart Home Arena
- Gain an understanding of the emergency evacuation plan and exit routes and must be able to remain claim and provide direction and guidance in the event of an emergency
- Help all guests be aware of arena policies as they pertain to safety and the overall guest experience
- Be aware of any special activities, functions or promotions for that particular event
- Monitor safety and security conditions in the area
- Enforce arena safety and security rules and policies
- Complete required training successfully
- Be a student, be a teacher, be a leader
- Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful
- Demonstrate world-class customer service and if you don't directly interact with the customer, support those that do
- Protect the legal, financial, and moral wellbeing of the company
- Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Manages conflict - Handles conflict situations effectively, with minimum noise.
- Ability to respectfully search purses, bags and a person's body upon entry to the arena.
- Must be able to respond to objections with a guest service approach first.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written direction
- Able to work flexible hours ( evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Access to reliable transportation and observe a 5:00 pm call time for most events
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other employees.
- Must have access to a computer with internet access and remain proficient in its use for scheduling purposes.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- Ability to stand and walk for the entire shift, and intermittent climbing of stairs
- Carry boxes of handouts/programs, up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally move barriers and line holders
- Must stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist
- Handle, grasp or reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Majority of duties are performed in-house under controlled temperatures, occasionally some positions are located outside on Vivint Smart Home Arena property