Associate Systems Engineer - #19528750
What you'll do...
- Assists in supporting the business by responding to customer requests, questions, and problems; working problem tickets; troubleshooting problems for root causes; reviewing problem resolutions and installation plans according to defined procedures; installing identified changes according to change procedures; communicating findings and status updates for customers; and carrying an on-call pager as needed.
- Creates identified information systems solutions and follows Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC) processes by gathering requested information; writing, testing, and debugging programs and scripts; using commands, utilities, or control languages; participating in code reviews; monitoring alerts and other system checks and balances; checking system performance, availability, and reliability; implementing test scripts and procedures; installing and maintaining third-party software and hardware changes; implementing improvements to products, alerts, and monitors; and compiling documentation.
- Ensures the development of team member's skills and abilities by receiving training from team members on responsibilities and team procedures; identifying and sharing recommended improvements; and training through job assignments, classroom, technical books, and other readings.
- Participates in team tasks by receiving assignments from experienced team members or project leads; giving updates on assignments; tracking and reporting time spent on projects; contributing in team meetings and discussions; reviewing and revising team documentation; and documenting and presenting new information to the team.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Preferred Experience: (Optional)
- Experience with BrightSign or other digital signage hardware preferred
- Experience in supporting digital signage networks or other audio/visual systems.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stack and network support
- Experience writing and reviewing technical documents
- Remote Options Available*
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Hardware assembly, maintenance, or support, Information technology or related field within the past 5 years, Project Design, Troubleshooting and code analysis, Working with common programming languages (for example, C++, Pearl, Visual Basic), Working with TeamForge
Associates: Computer Science, Associates: Information Technology
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.
Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs