Medical Asst - #19528762
We Are Hiring
We are looking for a Medical Assistant for our Chemotherapy department at CSM Milwaukee. This is a full-time, .9 day shift position.
7:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Hours vary depending on clinic volumes and MD schedules.
What You Will Do
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assist with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Comfortable with scheduling and coordinating patient care.
- Flexible, timely, caring, and compassionate.
Why Join Our Team
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.