Accounts Payable Administrator - #19528767
Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation
Maintain and monitor all accounts payable activity, including processing invoices, payments, and report preparation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance with company, legal, and regulatory requirements for Health, Safety, and Environmental topics in order to foster a culture of Health & Safety.
- Enforces company policies in the area of corporate credit cards, travel policies, supplier payment terms, and employee expense reimbursements.
- Processes vendor invoices in the business system, verifying all supporting detail and following relevant company policies and procedures.
- Match proof of delivery to invoices for blanket supplier purchase orders
- Verifies vendor statements, follows up on disputed items, and initiates deductions/credits as necessary.
- Obtain upload files from Global Shared Service Expense Report System and load into General Ledger. Maintain import/export files between Concur and SAP.
- Analyze freight bills to ensure proper coding and posts distribution to the general ledger.
- Initiates payment via checks, wires, ACH or intercompany transfers.
- Maintains account payable files, reports, and bank file of cashed checks.
- Annually prepares government tax forms 1099 and 1096, complete vendor applications and tax exemption certificates. Responds to government inquiries regarding these topics.
- Communicates with vendors to discuss vendor statements, payment releases, address corrections, and payment terms.
- Log discrepant invoices (invoices don’t match PO) and collaborate with Purchasing to drive resolution.
- Scan and gather information for bill backs to customers.
- Assists in compiling accrual information for monthly closings.
- Monitors un-invoiced goods received. • Tracks intercompany purchases for transfer pricing and prepares intercompany matching for A/P on a monthly basis for reporting.
- Print/Open or goto supplier websites to compile invoices.
- Maintain exchange rate and per diem files.
- Investigate uncashed checks.
- Maintain American Express Card administration including setting credit limits and monitoring and advising on delinquent payments.
- Reconcile and analyze AMEX billings, apply proper coding, and upload into general ledger.
- Respond to vendor audit requests of balance confirmations.
- Maintain A/P systems and participate on implementation teams.
- Support Internal and External Audits by providing detail/documentation on selected samples.
- Makes suggestions on supplier payments during cash steering periods without sacrificing supplier relationships.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with purchasing and other departments to facilitate timely invoice processing.
- Trains and cross-trains in other areas of accounting.
- Maintains detailed work instructions related to accounts payable activities.
- Scan and maintain vendor invoices, supporting detail, and other Accounting documents as required.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.thyssenkrupp System Engineering, Inc. offers a full benefit package including: Vacation, 401k with company match, educational reimbursement, Medical coverage, Flex Spending, Prepaid Legal and Company provided dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurancesCompetencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school with 2 years of related experience; or 4 years of related experience and/or training/education.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to utilize personal computer equipped with business system, database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and communicate effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, use hands, and reach arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally exposed to a quiet noise level in the work environment. Noise typically includes human conversation and small office equipment.To learn more about thyssenkrupp System Engineering, Inc.