Electrical Automation Lead - #19528768
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for industry leading clients around the world. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today.
Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction. Project delivery methods will include design/bid/build and design/build and schedules may be fast-tracked. As a part of the team, our discipline automation leads push the boundaries of what production tools are capable of and enable our team to deliver cutting edge 2D and 3D deliverables at a scale and complexity not seen anywhere else.
Our Electrical Automation Lead:
- Works closely with electrical design staff and our Design Automation Group to set projects up for success.
- Makes decisions for AutoCAD, Revit MEP (3D design standard), and Navisworks (standard for 3D coordination) environments that help us efficiently deliver electrical designs.
- Is the first point of contact for training and assistance within electrical discipline.
- Assists in training, onboarding, and orientation of new electrical designers.
- Promotes and documents best practices in electrical design.
- Oversees ongoing designs and work with designers to ensure overall quality of delivery.
- Assists directly with project electrical design work when required.
- Should be a flexible, people oriented professional capable of leading BIM coordinator activities for large projects.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit MEP platforms
Ideally, you will also have:
- Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience in delivery of designs for building electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC)