Pharmacist - PRN - #19528775
We Are Hiring
Rotating shifts and rotating days - required to work 16 hours per month.
What You Will Do
Assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.
- Review and assess medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommend formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compound and dispense medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicate with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversee technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Assist with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students.
- May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs.
- Provide patient counseling efficiently and effectively when required.
- Compound and dispense medications accurately for delivery to patient care areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required.
- Pharmacy residency preferred.
Why Join Our Team
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work