Aquaculture Brood Technician - Soda Springs, ID - #19528786
Clear Springs Foods
Provide assistance in the Aquaculture Farm facilities working at various positions as a team member to make sure that Rainbow Trout are grown according to quality specifications and customer needs. Riverence Provisions is a fully vertically integrated controlling all aspects of its food business from inception to market.
- Familiar with hatchery layout, water use, fish flow through facility and passive fish handling
- Compliance with EPA guidelines
- Sort brood stock into ripe and green populations
- Spawn ripe fish
- Egg care from fertilization through shipment
- Unloading sack feed (50 lbs)
- Counting and collecting daily mortality
- Cleaning tail screens and influents
- Seasonal head ditch cleaning and grounds maintenance
- Maintenance of screens, crowders, graders, nets, brooms, etc.
- Equipment and machinery operation and maintenance
- Recognition of and reporting to management any wasted feed, excessive manure or mortality, broken tail screens, fish escapement, or other concerns
- Clean and vacuum concrete raceways and quiescent zones
- Accurately record daily cleaning and vacuuming activity in log book
- Assist in OLSP harvest
- Maintenance of waste management system
- Operation and maintenance of feed and feeding systems
- Knowledge and adherence to quality, safety, biosecurity and standard operating procedures
- Communicate and work as a team member to complete daily work loads
- Participate in some discussion about confidential/sensitive matters.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Ability to work flexible schedules with varying hours, including occasional weekends and holidays as required
- Exemplary Attendance and good work ethic are required.
- Ability to read and follow directions.
- Record keeping and organizational skills are required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to communicate in English in order to adhere to safety standards.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Typical Physical Activity
This job involves heavy work exerting force frequently and constantly to move objects. The job requires frequent lifting, working in waders, climbing in and out of raceways and on and off trucks.
The worker will be required to have a range of motion as follows:
- Often requires walking or moving to accomplish tasks.
- Often requires standing or sitting for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires stooping and reaching.
- Occasionally requires pushing using upper extremities to press against something with steady force.
- Occasionally requires pulling using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting is required on a frequent basis.
- Repetitive Motions are required which involve substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Often requires feeling of products perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Hearing must be adequate to perform duties and interact in person clearly and efficiently.
- Manual dexterity as required for specific equipment or instrumentation use.
- Requires clear vision, the ability to identify and distinguish color and to adjust focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
The employee is frequently subject to inside and outside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The employee can be subject to hot, cold, and wet conditions. The employee is subject to noise.