Manager, Data Engineering - #19528795
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations, and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service.
TEGNA is looking for an experienced Manager – Data Engineering to help build & lead a team of data resources, implement new tools & technologies driving Tegna's data strategy. The candidate will take the ownership of multiple data environments, perform architectural reviews, optimizations, evaluates new tools that will help in achieving those goals. Works closely with the infrastructure team to leverage the existing capacities and plan for future upgrades.
This person is a multi-tasker with attention to detail, who is comfortable being the go-to expert for Data Engineering. He/She is obsessive about customer needs and can create a collaborative work environment to address those needs; makes decisions based on data and involving all areas of the business as part of the organizational data architecture.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor and strategic thought leader to the data team leading, and mentoring teams on architecture and design in a hands-on manner.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the data pipelines built
- Become a domain expert within data stores and support the build of high-quality analytics as an architect and an individual contributor.
- Engage in troubleshooting production issues and root cause analysis.
- Proactively drive the vision for data engineering across the business teams and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Build cross-functional relationships with other business teams to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Experience implementing Data Quality & Master Data Management (MDM) solutions
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production.
- 6+ years of experience designing, architecting & implementing data warehouse solutions.
- 6+ years on experience in writing complex SQL queries, ETL/ELT pipeline development and Reporting development.
- 2+ years of experience in programming languages preferably in Python.
- 2+ years of experience in reporting development preferably in Tableau/Google Data Studio.
- Hands on experience on Cloud data warehouses preferably on Snowflake/Google Big Query.
- Experience implementing MDM using Informatica, Talend etc. is desirable
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- Experience managing an agile design driven, user-centered product and development team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with meticulous attention to detail. Ability to communicate technical issues simply to help drive fast decisions.
- A fast learning curve, with the ability to understand our customer's needs on both a business and technical level.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
[ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply