Supervisor - Planning - #19528801
Objectives of the Role:
The Media Supervisor is a developing Systems Thinker within the core team. He/she is responsible for managing all day to day media planning/client service activities on the Dell consumer account. He/she provides media planning recommendations across all channels and offers resourceful problem solving, both internally and externally, while developing and maintaining strong client relationships. They will oversee preparation of media plans and other deliverables and supervise media plan implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a trusted client partner: Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client's business and the consumer journey and manage client requests (i.e. plan changes, budget changes, etc.)
- Manage audiences across platforms: Explore and uncover the best channel targeting for client's objectives which includes TV, Audio, OOH, and Digital across the full funnel
- Drive great work: Develop client facing cross channel plan recommendation including plan presentations, in partnership with agency teams. Closely supervise the implementation and execution of the cross channel media plan, which includes flowcharting, budgeting, scheduling and establishing benchmarks for control.
- Be accountable: Accountability for accuracy and media intelligence (syndicated insights, RFPs, etc.)
- Make the most of data: Ensure excellent data insight, management, and quality strategies are implemented for the client, manage compliance across team in using GroupM/MC tools & assets
- Provide strategic thought leadership: Continually seek a consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Manage and develop junior team members: Manage and coach junior team members to ensure they are developing their skills, delivering quality work, and executing flawlessly.
- Day to day delivery: Assist with management of team deliveries of all key client objectives. Develop POVs on various media in the marketplace
- Managing Up: Ensure Associate Director and Director are properly informed on the goings on of the account, and elevating any concerns to bring visibility and aid in troubleshooting
- Ability to find solutions: For client, vendor and internal department challenges and/or discrepancies
- Lead by example while developing, motivating and coaching the team
- Provide mentorship and support to junior staff
- Sharing knowledge across the team and ensure ongoing personal development
- Create a positive team culture with Associate Director and Director and ensure behaviors are being led by example
- Drive collaboration and communication across the teams including Social, Search, Performance, and Analytics teams
- Be an advocate for new and/or more efficient ways of working
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Industry knowledge: Best practices in principles of marketing and advertising, media concepts and terms
- Consumer knowledge: An up-to-date knowledge of all key consumer insight tools, including DMPs, digital resources, data insight and execution tools
- Planning fundamentals: Understand and be able to use all key media planning tools e.g. NMI, Telmar, Reach Optimizers
- Client relationships: Developing strong day to day management of clients
- Leadership: Example of leading with integrity and transparency
- Management: Developing team/people management skills
- Collaboration: Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration beyond core team
- Strong communication: Credible, articulate voice and has a point of view
- Development of people: Ability to mentor and coach junior team members
- Strategic thinking: Proven track record of strategic thinking and the application
- Creativity: Examples of creative problem solving
- Curiosity: Demonstrated learning or application of curiosity in previous roles
- Analytical thinking: aptitude for analytics/data interpretation and sound systems thinking
- Superior organizational, and interpersonal skills: High expectation with attention to detail
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
People First, Better Results