Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator - #19528815
The Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator (SICC) plays an integral role in optimizing patients' recovery journeys. The SICC completes weekly functional assessments and engages the PAC inter-disciplinary care team providing them with the proprietary nH Outcome tool to align expectations for discharge planning. The position engages patients and families to share information and facilitate informed decisions. By serving as the link between patients and the appropriate health care personnel, the SICC is responsible for ensuring efficient, smooth, and prompt transitions of care.
- Perform Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) assessments on patients using clinical skills and appropriate measurement tools, such as nH Predict, nH Outcome, InterQual and CMS criteria, upon admission to SNF and periodically through the patient stays.
- Review targets for Length of Stay (LOS), target outcomes, and discharge plans with providers and families.
- Complete all SNF concurrent reviews, updating authorizations on a timely basis.
- Collaborate effectively with the patients' health care teams to establish an optimal discharge. The health care team includes physicians, referral coordinators, discharge planners, social workers, physical therapists, etc.
- Assure patients' progress toward discharge goals and assist in resolving barriers.
- Participate weekly in SNF Rounds providing accurate and up to date information to the naviHealth Sr. Manager or Medical Director.
- Assure appropriate referrals are made to the Health Plan, High-Risk Case Manager, and/or community-based services.
- Engage with patients, families, or caregivers either telephonically or on-site weekly and as needed.
- Attend patient/family care conferences.
- Assess and monitor patients' continued appropriateness for SNF setting (as indicated) according to InterQual criteria or the nH Outcome.
- When naviHealth is delegated for utilization management, review referral requests that cannot be approved for continued stay and are forward to licensed physicians for review and issuance of the NOMNC when appropriate.
- Coordinate peer to peer reviews with naviHealth Medical Directors.
- Support new delegated contract start-up to ensure experienced staff work with new contracts.
- Manage assigned caseload in an efficiently and effectively utilizing time management skills.
- Enter timely and accurate documentation into the CM Tool application.
- Daily review of census and identification of barriers to managing independent workload and ability to assist others.
- Review monthly dashboards, readmission reports, quarterly, and other reports with the assigned Clinical Team Manager, as needed, to assist with the identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Adhere to organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all PHI information in compliance with HIPPA, federal and state regulations, and laws.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- Active, unrestricted registered clinical license required – Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist
- 3 - 5 years of clinical experience required
- At least 2 years of Case Management experience preferred
- Patient education background, rehabilitation, and/or home health nursing experience a plus
- Experience working with geriatric population preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision-making skills
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
- Team player
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to establish a home office workspace
- Ability to manipulate laptop computer (or similar hardware) between office and site settings
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer (or similar hardware) within a standard period of time
- Ability to communicate with clients and team members including use of cellular phone or comparable communication device
- Ability to remain stationary for extended time periods (1 - 2 hours)
- Travel requirements
- Ability to mobilize to and within sites within an assigned local or regional market/area, including car transport, up to 85% of the time
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation's top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth's high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
Rooted in respectGuided by purpose Devoted to service Energized by impact
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.