Accounting Clerk - Lee - #19528822
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- A supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable CoreCivic accounting policies.
- Utilize a working knowledge of accounting and accounting control procedures for the facility that are in keeping with accepted accounting principles and CoreCivic accounting policies and procedures.
- Verify and post business transactions, such as purchase orders, accounts payable and other types of expenditures or receipts, to the appropriate account.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, to substantiate individual transactions.
- Assist with or prepare accounts payable packages, accounts payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and bank reconciliation's accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent or greater.
- Two years of experience in accounting or a closely related field.
- Additional qualifying education may be substituted for experience.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of accepted accounting principles and Excel.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word for Windows is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.