Director of Compensation - #19528855
Director of Compensation
We are hiring for a Full-Time Director of Compensation. Right now, many of our employees are working from home, and for this role, we currently support temporary remote work from Utah, Texas, Colorado, California, and Arkansas, and additional states on a case-by-case basis. As we look to return to our Provo campus during 2021, we will require physical relocation for employees in states outside of Utah.
Our story begins in 1984, in Provo, Utah, with a group of friends who wanted to bring good-for-you personal care products to market. Sandy, Blake, and Steve committed to launch sustainably sourced beauty and skin care products with "All of the good and none of the bad." The team wanted to help people, too. They integrated their new product line with an opportunity platform for entrepreneurs. More than 35 years later, Nu Skin is in nearly 50 markets across the world. Our founders' commitment to premium beauty products and the entrepreneur spirit has kept us growing into the global, publicly traded company we are today.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager of Compensation to join our HR Global Total Rewards team. In this role, you will lead the design and administration of Nu Skin's global Compensation programs, including broad-based, incentive, equity, and executive compensation to attract, motivate, and retain top talent. You will act as a subject matter expert and consultant to HR business partners as part of HR's Total Rewards center of excellence. As the Sr. Manager or Compensation, you will lead and mentor a team of Compensation Analysts, and you will report directly to our VP of Global Total Rewards.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the competitive position of compensation programs through job evaluation, benchmarking, participation in market data surveys, maintaining relationships with third party consultants, and partnering with talent acquisition;
- Perform comprehensive analysis and make recommendations on salary/wage management, structure design, and pay equity
- Lead the annual merit, bonus, and equity award processes across markets
- Identify training, operational needs, and opportunities to build organizational change capabilities and enhance the employee experience; Capture business requirements, lead global initiatives, and update compensation programs and procedures to align with human capital priorities
- Maximize vendor relationships and administer equity awards in accordance with the terms and conditions of the awards, governing plan documents, and internal processes and procedures
- Collaborate with VP, Total Rewards, Accounting, and Legal team in creating and publishing Compensation Committee materials and annual proxy, including Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A)
- Partner with HRIS to develop and design systems solutions to optimize enterprise-wide job architecture, administration of the annual merit and equity cycle, corporate short-term incentive plan, and additional business area specific incentive plans
- Provide interpretation of and ensure compliance with federal and state legal requirements and other country specific regulations
- Leverage diversity of teams and act as a leader, mentor, and coach to the compensation team to ensure continuous learning and professional development
What you'll need:
- 10+ years in compensation, either in consulting or in a publicly traded, global company, with at least 5 years leading the function
- Expert level skills with Excel, compensation, and financial modeling
- Advanced understanding of accounting and financial statements
- Working knowledge of HCM, compensation benchmarking software and equity administration platforms, data reporting and manipulation of large data sets with ability to understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Demonstrated ability to draft compensation, commission, and long-term incentive plans
- Strong project management skills and change agility with the ability to pivot, adapt, and perform in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to proactively problem solve and influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, peers in human resources, and the broader employee population
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Human Resources, or related field
Bonus points for:
- Having compensation professional designations, such as your CCP and/or CEP
- Experience with Workday Compensation/Advanced Compensation
- Experience with Morgan Stanley or Solium equity administration
- Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field
Benefits & Perks
You will be part of an engaged, inclusive, global community that values family, giving back, beauty, and sustainability. We offer competitive benefits with comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage; supplemental life, short-term, and disability insurance; free access to health coaches, therapists, and an onsite fitness center; a health savings account & 401k with company match; an incentive bonus program; and access to our top-quality beauty & wellness products. You'll also be empowered to prioritize what's important to you through flexible work arrangements and a generous vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? We have generous maternity and paternity leave too.
What We Value
Purpose: We're on a mission to be a "A Force for Good." We promote a culture of doing good while providing opportunity for personal and professional growth. We prioritize giving back, whether that's through empowering employees to join week-long service trips in Malawi, Africa, designating days for employees across the world to participate in community service projects, or creating sustainable products and packaging, you will be able to make a difference. We have eight guiding principles: to be A Force for Good, Accountable & Empowered, Bold Innovators, Customer Obsessed, Direct & Decisive, Exceptional, Fast Speed, and One Global Team.
Equal Opportunity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Success and cultural fit are dependent on living the Nu Skin Way and are independent of race, age, gender orientation, sexual orientation, religion, or disability. We believe our capability to improve lives is enhanced when we understand and reflect the diversity of our sales leaders, customers, and employees. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance completing an application or participating in an interview because of a disability, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 1.801.345.1000.
Nu Skin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid for unsolicited candidates submitted directly to hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved vendors who have been requested to make a submission for a specific job opening by our Talent Acquisition team.