Fabricator - #19528858
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System's Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Performing the duties of a Fabricator daily.
- Job duties include but are not limited to fitting and welding, measuring, laying out, cutting, grinding, forming and drilling of assorted materials (aluminum, steel, stainless, gasket, rubber, screen, etc.).
- Works from Engineering drawings, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Maintains records, forms and logs as required.
- Typical tools and equipment used in the performance of duties are: MIG and TIG welders, manual hand tools, mechanical, pneumatic, cordless and electric tools including porta power, come a long, clamps, hammers and mauls, gougers, grinders, saws, band saws, drills, tapes and scales.
- Must be capable of handling chemicals and solvents including alcohol, cleaning solvents, cutting oil, tool oil, etc.
- Housekeeping of shop and work area (keeping work area neat and clean) daily.
- Must visually inspect work to drawings and sketches for completeness and dimensional correctness.
- May direct the activities or tasks of helpers, as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 1 – 3 years of related aluminum detail parts experience or shipfitting experience
- Formal craft training to demonstrate the ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches, layout and fabricate parts and assemblies correctly.
- Demonstrated skills based on the results of the fabricating test.
- Must always be safety conscious (wear proper PPE).
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to read and understand metric and standard dimensions (a plus).
- Must regularly lift, move or carry 40 pounds of material.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to become certified as a forklift and overhead crane operator.
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work
- Note: Level will be determined based on relevant experience, scope of role, skills, etc.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
Essential Physical Demand Requirements:
Physical demands described have been validated by on-site job analysis. They are representative of the physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully and safely perform the essential functions of this job. The following information is a synopsis of key physical demand requirements determined from a detailed job analysis:
Postural: Must have the ability to move extremities and spine throughout an enough range of motion that will permit the employee to work in a variety of postures involving a range from floor to overhead level. Flexing and twisting of the trunk and other awkward postures are occasionally required.
Dexterity: Must have a good dexterity and frequently use one and two hands throughout the work period for hand tools and handling materials.
Cardiorespiratory Demand: Must have enough cardiorespiratory fitness to be able to perform medium work involving constant standing and walking, material handling and performing work in a hot, humid environment.
General Physical Activities: Include standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, body twisting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, speaking clearly, seeing distant/reading, reaching, hearing, depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs and balancing.
Physical Demand Level - Medium: Must be able to perform medium physical labor as classified by the United States Department of Labor. Physical demands typically involve lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling not to exceed 60 lbs.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.