USAC SIBG Supply Planner - #19528866
USAC SIBG Supply Planner
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"3M's culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking 'What if?' And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what's to come next." – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Supply Planner, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Delivering beneficial customer service projects and inventory dollar investments. Helping to create local inventory turns improvements while reducing non-working inventory
- Identifying, lead, and implement value stream speed and efficiency projects
- Working closely with the manufacturing team and value stream leadership to determine how best to resolve supply constraints to balance service, inventory, and cost in the best interest of the supply chain as a whole
- Maintain and optimize supply planning parameters that align with customer and business requirements for service and inventory
- Managing the review process and modifying requirements to the source of supply (including purchased finished goods and/or outsourced manufacturing)
- Managing exceptions (materials, orders) throughout the US regional distribution network
- Collaborate on any issues related to the demand plans for portfolio management, new product introductions and product phase in/phase out activities
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Three (3) combined years in Supply Chain, Transportation, Customer Service, and/or Marketing in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Five (5) years of experience in Supply Chain, Transportation & Logistics, Customer Service and/or Marketing
- Experience in MRP, material planning and scheduling, inventory control and/or supply chain management
- Knowledge within Demand Planning (DP) and/or Production Planning (PP) functions. Experience in leading or participating on cross-function teams.
- Analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, Minitab, etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and self-motivational skills
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification or willingness to pursue.
- Experience representing the supply chain organization on business teams
- Experience utilizing LSS methodologies
Location: Maplewood, MN or US Remote Location
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.