Program Support Assistant - #19528881
Department of Veterans Affairs
The Raymond G Murphy Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center is currently recruiting for one (2) Program Support Assistant to work in Chief of Staff Services Albuquerque, NM. The incumbent is assigned to the Credentialing and Privileging Office, which is under the Chief of Staff at a VA Medical Center (VAMC) and is responsible for providing administrative and technical direction and support to the credentialing operations.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is aligned to and supervised by the Credentialing and Privileging (C&P) Manager. Duties included but are not limited to:
- Utilizing privileging processes and may be proctored for the position of SME for credentialing and privileging.
- Provide backup support to the Credentialing and Privileging Specialist.
- Provide all credentialing requirements as outlined in policy.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) in the field of credentialing.
- Assist C&P Manager or Analyst in drafting local credentialing procedures for LIP and Non-LIPs.
- Receive and reviews VetPro reports detecting problem areas requiring further investigation.
- Manage provider applications (initial) for Non-LIPs credentialing within the VAMC.
- Assure application packages and other documents meet technical requirements per specialty of provider and assures application folder and database account (VetPro or other internal databases and spreadsheets) meet technical requirements.
- Communicate with Non-LIPs to assure timely completion of applications and VetPro requirements.
- Provide oversight to application process; analyzes exceptions and deviations in expected application process; determines course of action and makes recommendations.
- Analyze and manages issues related to documents that do not meet expected requirements, regulations or guidelines such as adverse actions against licensures, certifications, and NPDB) CQ reports.
- Manage the work involving the tracking of data and documents in support of the credentialing operation.
- Conduct final appointment into the VetPro database, after thoroughly researching, analyzing and validating all data, information, documents and signature authorities.
- Develop and provides routine and special reports as requested by the C&P Manager/Analyst.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30pm; Mondays to Fridays
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant/PD99868A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
- Assistants, Office
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 02/23/2021.
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-06 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-05. For a GS-07 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-06. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. If the most recent SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you possess one-year time-in-grade, as required by the announcement. In this instance, you must provide an additional SF-50 that clearly demonstrates one-year time-in-grade.
Note: Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
You may qualify based on your experience and/or education as described below:
- Specialized Experience: GS-06: In addition to meeting the time in grade requirements: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-05 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and organizes information,
- Attention to detail and
Providing customer service in a medical care setting.
- Specialized Experience: GS-07: In addition to meeting the time in grade requirements: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-06 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and organizes information,
- Attention to detail and
- Providing customer service in a medical care setting.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Information Management
- Manages and Organizes Information
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary. Occasionally, light physical effort may be required, such as that involved with walking, stair climbing, and carrying of light office items.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/xqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst.
There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.