Maintenance Technician 2nd and 3rd Shift - #19528890
MARTINREA International Inc.
Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of highly engineered, value-added Lightweight Structure and Propulsion Systems. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people's lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people
- Being positive contributors to our communities and
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders
Our strength is our people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: Troubleshoot and perform mechanical repairs and adjustments of production machinery and equipment, including preventative maintenance.
- Performs job duties in a safe and responsible manner;
- Follows all safety and environmental policies and procedures;
- Communicates openly with others, keeping them informed of issues and progress, shares job knowledge and works effectively with others;
- Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains plant equipment;
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments;
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, prints and work orders to perform the required maintenance and service;
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities;
- Uses a hand tools, power tools and material handling equipment;
- Knowledge of IATF 16949
- Knowledge of ISO 14001: 2015
- Minimum of five years electrical and / or mechanical maintenance experience
- Automotive Tier 1 Experience
- Crane certification
- Forklift license
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management.
- Frequent distractions and interruptions
- Multiple demands in a challenging and fast paced- team orientated environment
- The employee must maintain an excellent attendance record, which is defined as being at work all the time and on time.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions.
- Ability to apply understanding of details but simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many variables in different situations.
- Noisy environment
- Overtime as required.
- Office, Plant floor
- Travel as required
Health & Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- Working in a great team environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Supplier discounts
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
Job Type - Full Time