Catering Sales Manager - #19528908
Title: Catering Sales Manager
Reports to: Regional Catering Sales Manager
Purpose of the position – Solicits new catering business through catering lead generation and catering sales marketing. Increases catering sales in the local trade area of each restaurant within an assigned territory.
- Achieves sales quota / target and budget as set by the VP of Sales & Community Relations and Boston Market.
- Continuously reaches out to at risk customers, new and active customers, and gains back lost and lapsed customers.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with existing customers to ensure repeat business.
- Solicits new catering customers through traditional and non-traditional sales techniques, including cold calling, direct outside sales, and relationship building.
- Effectively executes all steps in the established sales cycle process.
- Improves local store catering sales for their assigned market and build brand loyalty to Boston Market through different mediums, following the sales process and utilizing assigned sales tools.
- Targets all new, core, active, at risk, lost and historical contacts provided from the CRM database.
- Explores all major events and activities throughout the market, primarily via telesales techniques, to identify sales opportunities.
- Plans menus, orders, and deliveries with customers and use the opportunity to utilize suggestive selling techniques and reinforce Boston Market's quality products and services.
- Maintain client information in CRM database.
- Utilizes reports to track sales results such as customer's frequency, sales, and average sales per order and analyzes current trends to maximize sales results.
- Completes calls to all new customers and log with in required timeframe.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of progress through daily activity logs, phone calls, attending weekly conference calls and scheduling events in team calendar.
- Effectively demonstrates required sales techniques to build sales and provide ongoing support of the customer and gain repeat orders.
- Ensures customer complaints are resolved by investigating problems, developing solutions, and makes recommendations to Regional Catering Sales Manager and Operations.
- Drives up to 30-mile radius (one way) from own residence to conduct field day, canvassing in assigned trade area a minimum of 1-2 times per week or as sales dictate.
- Assist in catering deliveries if needed
- Maintains behaviors and actions consistent with the company's values and standards.
- Continuously looks for ways to increase professional development.
- Works additional hours as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Teamwork & Collaboration
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
In the restaurant environment:
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, weekends may be needed occasionally. Overtime may be required as well.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of customer service experience.
- 2 years of sales experience.
- 2 years of experience interpreting business goals and applying techniques and strategies to expedite the achievement of those goals.
- 2 years of experience interacting and creating relationships with internal and external customers of all levels and skill sets.
- 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of sales experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interacts daily with members of the Catering team, Call Center, frequently interacts with members of the Support Center, and the Field Management team.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.