Analyst, Energy Forecasting - #19528916
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Liberty Utilities is currently seeking a Forecast Analyst for our forecasting team in the Energy Procurement Department. The forecasting team produces the electric and gas forecast for Liberty Utilities. As an analyst you will participate in the development, presentation and defense of the gas and electric forecast for Liberty's service territories using econometric/time series methods. You will support internal business customers including Energy Supply, Engineering, Regulatory, Strategy, Finance, etc.
- Develop and/or maintain datasets, as needed, to support forecasting and reporting requirements
- Develop data driven, insightful analyses to address business challenges or identify opportunities, and provide actionable recommendations
- Assist in development of gas and electric load forecast using econometric methods. Perform additional statistical analysis relating to the forecast as necessary.
- Update forecast processes and documentation to ensure they are efficiently, appropriate, transparent, flexible and reproducible
- Respond to data request from internal business customers and regulatory bodies for rate cases and other proceedings.
- Collaborate with internal business customers (including supply, engineering, regulatory, strategy) regarding forecast methodology and analysis and ensure or deliverables meet their needs.
- Stay current in all policies, regulatory requirements, market trends, and industry standards regarding customer energy use and technologies and ensure the forecast properly account for those
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or more advanced degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Economics, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years practical experience in a quantitative, data-driven business environment
- Knowledge of database structures and database querying tools
- Expertise in statistical programming software such as R, SAS
- Relevant energy industry experience preferred but not required.
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Ability to design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas
- Loves exploring data
- Curiosity about how things work and why
- Highly motivated, willing to learn
- Must be U.S. Citizen, or Permanent Resident
Who we are
We know that the services we provide directly affect and are essential to our customers' quality of life and wellbeing. From homes to hospitals, elder-care facilities to elementary schools, our customers depend on our ability to continue to provide safe and reliable energy and water services. For more than 30 years, Liberty has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our renewable energy and regulated utility services into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Today, Liberty provides regulated water, electricity, and natural gas utility services to over 807,000 customers in the United States and Canada. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represents over 2 gigawatts (GW) of installed capacity and more than 1.6 GW of renewable energy projects under construction.
Through embedding sustainability in our day-to-day business decisions and putting our customers first in all that we do, we know that we can do well by doing good. We recognize that we have a role to play in leading the energy transition towards greener solutions for our customers and communities. And, our recent recognition in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and as one of the Top 10 of Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World ranking are testaments to our work in sustainability.
About Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp:
Liberty is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. ("Algonquin"). Algonquin is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $11 billion of total assets. Common shares, preferred shares, and installment receipts are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols AQN, AQN.PR.A, AQN.PR.D, and AQN.IR. APUC's common shares are also listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AQN.
Follow us on Twitter and join the conversation! @AQN_Utilities & @AQN_Careers
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.