Nursing Home Administrator - #19528929
Prestige Care, Inc
Join our fantastic team at Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Parkside!
If you would like additional information please contact me at any time!
What does the Nursing Home Administrator do?
In short, you are the CEO of a multi-million dollar skilled nursing and post-acute care center, and most importantly, you are responsible for the safety and security of our residents and team members. You will lead and direct the daily operation of the care center in a professional manner using resources effectively and efficiently to attain and maintain the highest level of care to residents. You will be collaborating with other high performing operations and clinical professional to drive comprehensive business results at our care center.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Nursing Home Administrator role and what can we offer you?
Not every Administrator role is the same; we like to think we have exceptional value to offer!
- We have a strong promote-from-within culture, with a defined career path so you can level up your career to a regional or multi-site role. You have a home with us.
- A competitive and comprehensive benefits package (medical/dental/vision/EAP/401k match, etc.) coming with 3 weeks of PTO on top of standard holidays.
- A Strong regional team to support you every step of the way – you would have a Regional Support Nurse, and a Sr. Administrator/Regional Director of Operations to support you everyday.
- Continuing education so you can be the best and highest performing leader you can be.
- Comprehensive onboarding and training/development program for all new Nursing Home Administrators.
- Our 35+ year old, family-owned and operated organization (with over 80 locations in 8 states) means we aren't too small, but not too big. You are known here.
- Autonomy – we expect you to run your business with excellence.
In this job, every day you will…
Exercise ethical and sound leadership decision, delegate responsibility to appropriate staff in order to carry out the work of the care center, and holds department heads accountable for the performance of their respective departments.
Ensure that nursing services are planned, implemented, and evaluated to maximize resident quality of life and quality of care with the integration of resident rights with all aspects of resident care.
Ensure that the facility complies with applicable federal, state, and local standards and regulations and that resident and staff information is made available according to the state or federal regulations.
Coordinate the development and evaluation with the health care team of resident care goals and policies in order to assure that adequate resources, environments, and services are provided to residents, meeting regularly with health care team to assure highest practicable care is being delivered.
Ensures that personnel are present in number and ability to attain or maintain the highest practicable level of physical, mental, and psycho-social well being for each resident.
Coordinates the development and dissemination of written personnel policies and procedures to assure procedures are followed in recruitment, hiring, employment and termination of staff and are in compliance with governmental entities, laws and regulations.
Establishes and maintains safety rules and procedures that incorporate federal regulations and OSHA requirements to ensure employee health and safety.
- Evaluates, coordinates and implements budget training for each department head to adhere to the budget ensuring conformance with standards of quality care.
Education & Experience you need to qualify:
- You will need a four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and bring a minimum of two years experience in a geriatric setting and two years experience in a direct supervisory position.
- Current Nursing Home Administrator License (LNHA) in the state where position is located or the ability to obtain the state license prior to the start of employment.
- Current First Aide and CPR card, as well as excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills.
- The ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Individual must be a team player, well organized and flexible.
- Experience with budget, staff development and training.
Ways you can advance beyond the Nursing Home Administrator role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Sr. Administrator or Regional Director of Operations jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED – At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
Prestige Care and Rehabilitation - Parkside
Prestige Care and Rehabilitation - Parkside provides top-notch skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to our patients who seek assistance with routine personal care and health services coordination by licensed nurses.
Our programs range from short-term, transitional care that bridges the gap between hospital and home to long-term placement for those unable to effectively manage in a more independent environment. Each one utilizes a comprehensive assessment process and interdisciplinary approach to help patients achieve the highest possible level of independence and quality of life.
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an "employee," you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Employer paid group life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to career development and continuing education
- Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!
- Benefits may vary by location