Environmental Services Aide - Housekeeping - Chabert Campus - PRN - Variable Shifts - #19528936
Ochsner Health System
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
This job cleans and services areas such as guest, patient, public, clinical and administrative areas. Responsible for maintaining a clean and aseptic environment.
Required - None (Ability to read, write and speak/understand verbal communication in English in order to follow instructions and perform daily tasks
Preferred- High school diploma or equivalent
Required - Experience in operating environmental services equipment (including dust mop, wet mop, bucket and wringer, spray bottles, and dustpan)
Preferred- 1 year relevant experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak / understand verbal communication in English in order to follow instructions and perform daily tasks.
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping, cleaning and cleaning equipment/supplies.
- Ability to work flexible schedule when needed.
- Ability to listen and take direction and complete job tasks with minimal supervision.
- Maintains assigned area in a clean and aseptic manner.
- Maintains Environmental closet and equipment in a clean, aseptic and orderly manner.
- Assists with restock of cafe and bar (where necessary).
- Assists with special cleaning projects and room turnover.
- Follows all current Joint Commission / CMS regulations pertaining to Environment of Care and Cleaning requirements.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement