Executive Assistant to the Chancellor - #19528952
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Executive Assistant to the Chancellor for the Office of the Chancellor- New Brunswick. Reporting to the Chancellor of the New Brunswick campus, the Executive Assistant to the Chancellor provides administrative, operational and programmatic support to the Office of the Chancellor. This critical role provides high level administrative and confidential support to the Chancellor in order to develop the infrastructure and processes needed to advance the strategic goals of Rutgers University-New Brunswick.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Coordinates, oversees and performs a wide variety of administrative functions.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the Office of the Chancellor, managing a complex calendar, maintaining accurate records both hard and electronic copies, travel arrangements, preparing for meetings with relevant materials, and keeping the Chancellor abreast of projects’ status and informs of any delays or major issues.
- Provides executive level support to the Chancellor in the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data and develops communications for the Chancellor.
- Manages Chancellor’s daily calendar, requests for
- Reviews and analyzes incoming calls and correspondence to determine the level of urgency and importance.
- Escalates items requiring decisions and approval to the Chancellor or will identify requests/projects that can be delegated to other divisional leadership and recommend delegated tasks to the Chancellor.
- Serves as the first point of contact for in-person visits and phone inquiries. This includes handling phone lines and greeting guests. Contacts will be handled with a high level of professionalism while maintaining confidentiality.
- Administrative tasks are performed with attention to detail, accuracy and professionalism.