Intern: Mechanic (Benton, Maine) 1 - #19528955
Job ID: 263045
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of CRH, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you're looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Intern: Mechanic (Barre, VT) Pike is looking to hire Technical College student to work as Mechanic Intern at our Benton Shop. As an intern within our Equipment Division, the selected candidate will learn about the repair and maintenance process and practices Pike follows to maintain the equipment fleet to operate safely and at the lowest cost possible. Throughout the summer the intern will be exposed to a variety of our repair and maintenance practices; conducting tests and completing preventative maintenance on all brands and types of mobile equipment, learning about work orders, purchase orders, and maintaining inventory. These positions will be based in our Barre, Vermont shop. Classification: Non-Exempt student hourly position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in the shop to learn about and assist with work order process from creating to completion.
- Work with shop foreperson to lean and enter vehicle condition reports.
- Learn inventory processes for required parts/supplies.
- Trouble shoot and maintain all types of heavy equipment, including but not limited to reclaimers, milling machines, loaders, graders, dozers, pavers, rollers, dump trucks, Redimix trucks, trailers and road tractors.
- Become familiar with all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency
- The ideal candidate must be currently enrolled in a Technical College degree program.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Mechanic work is determined by the operation of the business, may include night work, and usually involves overtime.
- The selected candidate must have reliable transportation to commute to and from their work location, as well as between facilities when necessary.
- Extended Hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights
- Willingness to travel to other Pike Locations thought Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- A valid driver's license
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2021