HVAC Mechanic - #19528968
Responsible to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) maintaining a clean and safe working environment, performing rounds (interior and exterior), conducting routine assessments (interior and exterior), overseeing contractors and performance of day-to-day preventive maintenance.
- Perform plumbing, electrical and HVAC requirements
- Maintain heating equipment, chillers, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical / pneumatic equipment, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings to include SCIF space.
- Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Monitor Energy Management and Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property ( interior and exterior)
- Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, faucets etc.)
- Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with C&W standards, building protocol, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices. including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, inspecting and adjusting belts, maintenance of cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
- Inspect mechanical room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps, electric rooms, UPS systems, fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps. Replace lamps, ballasts, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris.
- Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, C&W standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors.
- Coordinate, document and report all activities with client's site coordinator and superior
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns and keep client's site coordinator informed.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
Based on experience.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Proficiency of Large Power Electrical systems, HVAC, and commercial plumbing systems
- Manage and oversee projects and subcontractors
- Effective/Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Independent thinker and solution finder - ability to manage time and schedules.
High school education or equivalent; or up to two years related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must complete Company's basic training program within first 30 days of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Kleane Kare Team, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employer Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.