RN, Full Time Nights, Gerber OB - #19528971
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Delivers nursing care responsibly and accountably as described professionally by the American Nurses Association (ANA) and legally by the State of Michigan. Demonstrates competency through the critical thinking model known as the nursing process. This includes assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Upholds the standards of professional performance as described by the ANA. This includes ethical practice, culturally congruent practice, communication, collaboration, leadership, education, evidence-based practice and research, quality of practice, professional practice evaluation, resource utilization and environmental health. Strives to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Provides evidence-based nursing care consistent with the interprofessional plan of care and in accordance with health system policies, procedures, and ANA/regulatory standards. Communicates and collaborates with other members of the health care team in order to ensure continuity and coordination of care. Acts as a patient/family advocate. Performs point of care testing as required.
- Demonstrates a high standard of moral, ethical, and culturally sensitive behavior. Formulates decisions and actions based on ethical principles, using the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide practice. Advocates for privacy, confidentiality and security of patient, staff and organizational data.
- Assesses the overall needs of the patient/family and analyzes the assessment data to identify potential diagnoses or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes/goals and develops and implements/coordinates an individualized interprofessional plan of care that recommends strategies to achieve the outcomes in accordance with the ANA Standards of Practice. Evaluates patient and family educational needs and employs appropriate teaching strategies while continually evaluating progress toward achievement of goals/outcomes.
- Initiates patient discharge planning at time of patient contact and facilitates a smooth transition to the next point of service/home.
- Ensures that required documentation is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assumes an autonomous leadership role and delegates appropriately to unlicensed assistive personnel to facilitate safe, quality patient care in a cost-effective manner.
- Engages in activities related to the professional role and seeks to continually advance knowledge and competence related to nursing practice while completing self and peer evaluation of nursing practice. Participates in ongoing improvement activities that contribute to quality patient care.
- Required Associate's Degree Nursing
- Required Bachelor's Degree of Science in Nursing must be obtained within 5 years for those who start in this RN role on or after May 1, 2020 (Gerber, Ludington, Pennock)
- Required Bachelor's Degree of Science in Nursing must be obtained within 7 years for those who start in this RN role between January 1, 2017 and April 30, 2020 (Gerber, Ludington, Pennock)
- Successful completion of a competency-based orientation program Required
- LIC-Registered Nurse (RN) - STATE_MI State of Michigan
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) - AHA American Heart Association
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) - ARC American Red Cross
- CRT-Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - AHA American Heart Association
- CRT-Fetal Heart Monitoring Certification - UNKNOWN Unknown
- CRT-Specialty Certification - UNKNOWN Unknown
SITE - Spectrum Health Gerber Hospital - 212 Sullivan - Fremont
Obstetrics - Gerber
Night (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
7 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Every other weekend
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.